Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm want to put a Fox f100x on my bike (already ridden the 2004 model, loved it), but I'm trying to decide on whether to go with the 2004 or 2005 model. I know that there are improvements in the 2005 fork, but are they really that noticeable? Is it worth the extra money (probably $100-$150) to get the 2005? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
CraterMaker said:
I'm want to put a Fox f100x on my bike (already ridden the 2004 model, loved it), but I'm trying to decide on whether to go with the 2004 or 2005 model. I know that there are improvements in the 2005 fork, but are they really that noticeable? Is it worth the extra money (probably $100-$150) to get the 2005? Thanks!
I couldn't tell of any improvements when I rode the 05 (own the 04). Is it worth extra? Heck no!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
F100x

CraterMaker said:
I have the 2005, and it seems a bit plusher than my 2004 TALAS, however my TALAS could use an oil change..... About the only big difference is that the lowers are beefier and support 203mm rotors for mechanical brakes, so if you are a clyde and need those rotors......

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
rider8 said:
I have the 2005, and it seems a bit plusher than my 2004 TALAS, however my TALAS could use an oil change..... About the only big difference is that the lowers are beefier and support 203mm rotors for mechanical brakes, so if you are a clyde and need those rotors......
Have you seen the reviews for the 05 f100X? People are totally mesmerized by sticker shock, and are saying it's sooooo much better than the 04. It's like people riding brand new LX components and saying it shifts worlds better than their buddies' year old XTR or XT. I think the 05 100x got nothing major except BNG (to borrow a term from motorycles): bold new graphics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
danK said:
Have you seen the reviews for the 05 f100X? People are totally mesmerized by sticker shock, and are saying it's sooooo much better than the 04. It's like people riding brand new LX components and saying it shifts worlds better than their buddies' year old XTR or XT. I think the 05 100x got nothing major except BNG (to borrow a term from motorycles): bold new graphics.
I haven't tried them out like you have against each other. I always would want the newest latest and greatest, but within $ reason. I got a great deal on mine. Either way, you can't go wrong terralogic rules......

OK, but, if you want 8 inch rotors on the front, and you want Warranty support, and some feeling of confidence it's been tested and wrung out, you need the 2005. I have read about folks running 8 inchers on the 2004's, but I wouldn't want to be the first going down a real hill to find out why FOX doesn't support this. FOX must have had something happen, because this is a clear disadvantage for them against their competition, and they never made any bones about it........ to me that's a real reason, but only if the shoe fits......

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for their input. I had a chance to talk to one of the Fox support reps, and after talking about the big improvements for '05 I asked him if the changes were something the normal rider would notice. He replied 'probably not'. I'm leaning heavily toward the '04.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.