Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
I purchased my fork from a Fox Distrubutor it came with an excellent sett of instructions on a DVD.

I am not sure how you can lay your hands on one but I would certainly try, It may be sitting in a pile at where you bought your bike??

I think the factory settings are 6 clicks out from minimum, on the R, C and bump threshold.

This works for me 180 lbs, but it is all in the manual.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
maxHR said:
The bike I'm buying has Fox F100 Terralogic fork. It has 'terrain sensitive inertia valve' according the fox website. My reaction was 'Huh??' So enough of the theory, does anyone have this fork on their bike and does it work as advertised?
Thanks from a fork virgin.
The way the fork works is really simple. It is quite brilliant. There is a little brass mass at the bottom of the damper which keeps the compression ports closed (no oil is allowed to flow), which creates a condition called a hydraulic lockout. The instant you hit a bump, this brass mass is kicked up, opening the compression ports, the oil flows, and the fork behaves the way any other Float would. The threshold adjuster on the bottom of the right leg adjusts the sensitivity of that brass weight to bumps, another words, how big a bump you have to hit, or how fast, etc. before the brass weight moves enough to open up the ports.

There is one drawback to the technology, which is, there is a bit of a time lag associated with that brass weight moving. Call it inertia. This translates to a very mild spike you feel on the first of a series of bumps. Every time the trail becomes smooth, the brass weight settles, and that first bump gives that spike. It's nothing you can't get used to, but it is there. I run the X100 on my singlespeed and I really appreciate the instant lockout when I stand up and hammer, and it far outweighs the spike.

Also, the TrailTune works different than the standard Terralogic. With TT, the brass weights creates a mild platform, which disappears on rough terrain. There is less, if any, spike there as the oil flows, albeit at a reduced rate, when the brass weight is covering the ports it is meant to cover.

_MK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.