Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I am going to be ordering a Fox fork later today. I was considering some cheaper forks but have pretty much decided to just spend the extra money and get a Fox, I hope this isn't a mistake.

Anyway, my two choices are teh F100 RLT and the F100 X. The fork will be going on an 05 Truth. I will be doing quite a few races on the bike including an 24 hour race. I ride in WV so the trails are pretty steep and rough, full of rocks and roots.

Which fork do you think would be better for the riding I will be doing and please include a reason why.

Thanks in advance.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
LowCel said:
I am pretty sure I am going to be ordering a Fox fork later today. I was considering some cheaper forks but have pretty much decided to just spend the extra money and get a Fox, I hope this isn't a mistake.

Anyway, my two choices are teh F100 RLT and the F100 X. The fork will be going on an 05 Truth. I will be doing quite a few races on the bike including an 24 hour race. I ride in WV so the trails are pretty steep and rough, full of rocks and roots.

Which fork do you think would be better for the riding I will be doing and please include a reason why.

Thanks in advance.
Personally, I think the RLT is the better choice, smoother feel in rough terrain and more reliable than the X. The other thing to consider is you can get an RLT and have it Push'ed for not much more than the price of the X. That will give you a lot of platform when you want it, but unlike the X you can turn it off with the flick of the lever for a smoother ride in rough terrain.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I just got off the phone with Fox, looks like they are on a four week back order and unfortunately I cannot wait. I need a fork. I went ahead and ordered a Marathon SL. Not my first choice but definately a good fork.

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I generally buy from the shop that I work part time at. I've gotten pretty used to buying things at cost. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
100rlt

I have the 100RLT fitted on my Blur, bought 2 sets of Fox Enduro seals (thru ventanarama) as well if ever the stock seals crap out on me. Seem the stocks ones are holding up, so's the one on my vanilla.

The RLT is good, running it with 25% sag, cant compare it with an 100X since I still need to ride on one. as for the fork's performance, it already save me on lots of "oh-****" situation.

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.