Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped the cable set screw on my Dyad and couldn't find the screw dimensions anywhere online. I was able to source a replacement and thought I would post so that those searching can find the info.

The cable set screw is an M3 x 4 mm length.

I picked one up from a speciality fasteners store (Pacific Fasteners in Vancouver).

In a pinch, any M3 bolt should work. Having a head sticking out doesn't affect function, though the 4 mm set screw is much sleeker.

When tightening the set screw, use an unworn 1.5 mm allen key. I'm pretty sure mine stripped because my allen key was sloppy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazing coincidence

So pleased and happy I came across this post. Turns out I did the exact same thing with my cable set screw, I stripped the Allen wrench end on the screw, was looking around the marketing websites and online stores for the piece, didn't know I could find it with this measurement, I guess its a standard piece of hardware. Awesome Post!!! Just what I needed.

I stripped the cable set screw on my Dyad and couldn't find the screw dimensions anywhere online. I was able to source a replacement and thought I would post so that those searching can find the info.

I picked one up from a speciality fasteners store (Pacific Fasteners in Vancouver).

In a pinch, any M3 bolt should work. Having a head sticking out doesn't affect function, though the 4 mm set screw is much sleeker.

When tightening the set screw, use an unworn 1.5 mm allen key. I'm pretty sure mine stripped because my allen key was sloppy.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hi D(C) and others, how did you remove the stripped cable set screw?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi D(C) and others, how did you remove the stripped cable set screw?
Oh man, this was many years ago. I wish I could remember how I got it out. I may have been able to get it with a newer, less worn hex key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts