Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pizzaiolo Americano
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I hate the twist lock set up that my TF came with stock. I was going to order the Fox Dual Pull remote to swap it out. My bike has the Rockshox fork on it which is push to lock. As I am looking through the Fox website I am only seeing one version of the Dual Pull remote but Fox has forks that are push to lock and push to unlock. This leads me to believe the same remote can be configured to work with any of them. That makes me think it should also work with my Rockshox/DPS Elite combo. Am I correct? This is the one I ordered.
https://www.bike24.com/p2244896.html?q=fox+fit+4+dual+pull+remote

·
Registered
18 Posts
HAHAHA. I also really dislike Twistloc. It seems to be just the right setup, so that a bit like Wolverine and his claws, everytime i use it, the seat dropper lever almost draws blood.

Can you post pics of your setup?

Are you running a dropper post too??

·
Pizzaiolo Americano
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Ok, so I fitted a fox dual pull lockout lever. The front locks fine, after I found the correct fox video. The rear isn't locking out though. What's the trick here?
You've almost certainly got slop in the rear lockout cable, so the shock's lockout knob isn't turning far enough. If you put inline barrel adjusters on the cables, it's easy to adjust.

If not, carefully loosen the pinch bolt on the shock lockout knob, and pull the slack out of the cable. Then re-tighten.

Do not use a hex key with a ball-end to do this. Not enough "purchase" to eliminate the danger of stripping the head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.