Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I have a 2019 rocky mountain instinct and im setting sag - I way 180 - 185 lbs with riding gear and to get sag at 25% I have to go up to 250psi
Is this normal? it seems really high pressure.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I dont have experience with that exact bike but the Evol shocks do require more pressure than the older shocks to achieve the same sag. That pressure does not seem out of line to me. Keep in mind that sag is just a starting point... you should adjust it from there based on feel and personal preference.

·
Turns right, slides left
737 Posts
hello I have a 2019 rocky mountain instinct and im setting sag - I way 180 - 185 lbs with riding gear and to get sag at 25% I have to go up to 250psi
Is this normal? it seems really high pressure.
Given your riding weight, 250psi does sound pretty high. This could be due to frame design, an issue with the shock or you are not setting the sag correctly.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Yeah. Necessary pressure depends on the shock and the frame leverage ratio. For a give shock, you'll need a different pressure depending on the frame leverage ratio. At 185lb I'm running 245psi on a DPS and Fuel EX.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, pretty normal pressure for your weight ... this said, RMB suggest riding closer to 30% sag (shock). Should you wish to lower the pressure even more for a given sag, I would suggest you use position #7 (4 o'clock) of the RIDE-9 ... this is where the suspension produces the lowest leverage ratios (but also the least progression).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.