Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm a bottom feeder...
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I am 6'1" 220 and currently have the DHX air. I ride hard and get a lot of air. I don't think it bottoms out but would I be better off with a Coil shock with a piggyback? What is the stiffest coil you can get for a Fox coil. I don't like a wishey washey rear. ( That don't sound too good does it)? Well you know what I mean. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What settings would make my DHX Air as stiff as I can get it? Again thanks for the help. Matt

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Better air choice.

Until recently I would have said your application described here would require a coil shock...and of course it is still a very good option. However, the new Manitou Evolver ISX-6 offers a new option for the big hit air shock. I don't recommend the DHXA for your described riding. It has little mid-stroke support on the Nomad, and you'll have to set it up a little harsh to get good control for really aggressive riding. This new Evolver has the full range of external adjustments and an internal damping quality that I've only seen in the best coil shocks in the past. A good coil shock without a pedal platform works well on a Nomad, and now there appears to be an equally viable non-platform air shock. I've been running an Evolver recently, and the thing is absolutely great.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.