Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted my Fox DHX 5.0 Coil 7.5" x 2.0" off my undelivered RFX, yes, RFX. I rode my Morewood Shova once and it was more DH/FR than trail, which is what I need. So, after long consideration I have decided to rejoin the homer nation. But, I must have my CCDB on the RFX, so this DHX will be taken off as soon as I get the frame and be ready for shipment early next week. The shock is listed on:

MTBR CLASSIFIEDS

EBAY

RIDEMONKEY

So, for those of you interested or know someone who is, thanks in advance for sending them my way.

By the way, The Morewood Shova was an incredible bike, just more FR/DH. So, if you're looking for a sub 40# FR/DH rig that rides great with a CCDB on it. PM me, or go to Ebay or MTBR ads here

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
back to the rfx

Aappling,
So you are going back to the RFX? The Morewood looks sweet. How tall are you?

Why are you choosing the RFX over the 6.6?

Must be fun to try all those bikes. Good to see you coming back to Turner! How are you going to build your RFX up. I guess you won't be selling that Thomson post anymore?

Keep us posted!

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
tscheezy said:
Welcome home, bro. :) The bling quotient went down in your absence. Do us proud on the build. :D
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel like we should have a get together and grill out or something. :D JK!!

Anywhoo, the build will be pretty similiar to the 6.6.

06 RFX - Bronze Ano - medium
66 SL ( coming back from warranty with White Lowers:eek:) Not sure about that, wasn't my choice, but may look cool
CCDB (Ti spring to come if available)
SRAM XO shifter/Der
Gravity dropper 4", 2" drop
Easton Carbon bars
King Steelset Headset
Ruffian grips (lock-on)
WTB Laser V Ti saddle
Thomson stem 70mm
Hope Mono M4's
Dangerboy levers
Goodridge hoses
Shimano XT Cranks
Time ATAC pedals
SRAM Cassette
SRAM Hollow Pin Chain
Maxxis Rubber

Wheels????
Currently - Stans FR rims with Red Hadley's (cosmetically that won't match good with Bronze Ano) so, in typical AppBling fashion , I must give in to the Aesthetic UGI.

So currently selling my red Hadleys and Stans FR rims and look into either more Hadleys (Black) or Industry Nine (black).

Options, Options, Options Folks! Input welcome on the wheels??

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
aappling72 said:
??
How does this punk get so lucky and score a "not available" color on his RFX:confused: Looks cool though. There is one on ebay for sale if you want to czech it out.

Wheels - I9 of course!! but you gotta get some real rims this time:D

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Welcome back!!!

I know you really like the CCDB. It truly is an awesome shock but have you considered trying the PUSH'd DHX? It's pretty impressive. ;)

SP

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
Welcome back!!!

I know you really like the CCDB. It truly is an awesome shock but have you considered trying the PUSH'd DHX? It's pretty impressive. ;)

SP
Thanks man! As for the CCDB vs. DHX Pushed, Not saying it doesn't feel nice, but it still is valved with a compromise for your total ride type. You can't get it specific for jumps, then to small bump trail, then for big drops. Steve Peat is riding the Pushed DHX, but he has 12 of them for different course types. Found that out the other day, so that should say something. And the Grand Prix race cars are in love with the CCDB because of it's adjustabillity. Now, I have heard the DHX Pushed feels great, not arguing the feel for the style of terrain and riding you have them vavle it for, but it's hard to beat the adjustability of the CCDB, especially when the pushed DHX is very close in price to the CCDB. So don't want to start another CCDB vx, every other shock thread. Sorry!:thumbsup:

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
No arguments here as I think the DB is superadjustable and is a really good shock, in the right hands. You just have to know what you're doing as you can F-up the settings pretty darn easily. However, the PUSH mod is cheaper if you already have a DHX or if one buys your DHX :D

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
No arguments here as I think the DB is superadjustable and is a really good shock, in the right hands. You just have to know what you're doing as you can F-up the settings pretty darn easily. However, the PUSH mod is cheaper if you already have a DHX or if one buys your DHX :D
Yes you can! I have been there. Thanks to alot of time with it and the help of Cane Creek I think I have it figured out. So, cool!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice sounding ride!

Having just returned to mtbing, I am getting used to all the new suspension based bits out there and have not heard of the CCDB. Could you post a link to the mfg? Sorry to hijack but my dual air suspended 5 spot just leaves me feeling a need for coils..

KB

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fasttrak said:
Too funny as the shock I am looking to replace is a Cane Creek Cloud Nine. If you don't mind me asking what did the CCDB cost retail with the Ti spring? Hopefully a bit less then the MSRP of $850.00.. Nice looking shock with the Ohlins style valving.

KB
That would be a no for less than MSRP with Ti. Ti springs have gone up and the CCDB hasn't gone down. You might can get $50 off of one, but that's it, because of their demand and still being so new to the market. Worth every penny though if you can spring it. I am a dealer for Cane Creek and would glad to help you with one. Let me know!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
aappling72 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel like we should have a get together and grill out or something. :D JK!!

Anywhoo, the build will be pretty similiar to the 6.6.

66 SL ( coming back from warranty with White Lowers:eek:) Not sure about that, wasn't my choice, but may look cool
CCDB (Ti spring to come if available)
SRAM XO shifter/Der
Gravity dropper 4", 2" drop
Easton Carbon bars
King Steelset Headset
Ruffian grips (lock-on)
WTB Laser V Ti saddle
Thomson stem 70mm
Hope Mono M4's
Dangerboy levers
Goodridge hoses
Shimano XT Cranks
Time ATAC pedals
SRAM Cassette
SRAM Hollow Pin Chain
Maxxis Rubber

Wheels????
Currently - Stans FR rims with Red Hadley's (cosmetically that won't match good with Bronze Ano) so, in typical AppBling fashion , I must give in to the Aesthetic UGI.

So currently selling my red Hadleys and Stans FR rims and look into either more Hadleys (Black) or Industry Nine (black).

Options, Options, Options Folks! Input welcome on the wheels??
Very interesting bro, you change out bikes more than I and Im a (quoting the cheezy one) spaz!:D

Anywhoo, just wondering as well why the RFX and not another 6.6?

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
drumstix said:
Very interesting bro, you change out bikes more than I and Im a (quoting the cheezy one) spaz!:D

Anywhoo, just wondering as well why the RFX and not another 6.6?
Well, the main reason, is stiffness in the rear end. The 6.6 felt flexy to me. Rear tire clearance was minimal and even rubbed a few times. And all the bearings to deal with (creaking and maintenance.) The Turner won in that regard. So, hopefully the CCDB will give it the ride I know it's capable of. Well see. I made a promise to keep it for at least a year.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
aappling72 said:
Well, the main reason, is stiffness in the rear end. The 6.6 felt flexy to me. Rear tire clearance was minimal and even rubbed a few times. And all the bearings to deal with (creaking and maintenance.) The Turner won in that regard. So, hopefully the CCDB will give it the ride I know it's capable of. Well see. I made a promise to keep it for at least a year.
I hear ya, I felt some wiggles in the Uzzi VPfleX (just funnin hear) and Im not hard on bikes. Looks like you better remove the "27.2 seatpost forsale in the sig area.;)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
drumstix said:
I hear ya, I felt some wiggles in the Uzzi VPfleX (just funnin hear) and Im not hard on bikes. Looks like you better remove the "27.2 seatpost forsale in the sig area.;)
He has the Homer required Gravity dropper that will swap on to the RFX. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.