Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got my DH 40 and tried mounting my Hayes 8" adaptor from my 04 Super T Marzocchi onto the fork...it didn't fit...

But I'm a little confused since both the SUper T and DH 40 are I.S. diskbrake mounts...then I called my local shop and they said that I should try using a 6" adaptor instead of the 8" adaptor...

So the big question is: WHAT ADAPTOR DO I USE TO FIT AN 8" HAYES ROTOR?
A little help guys...please...thanks

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmm

yea that sucks you didn't read the manual or about the fork before you bought it :p . The fox has a proprietary DH brake mount for increases caliper rigidity and better performance. You need a 6" International Standard adapter to run an 8" rotor, and no adapter to run a 6" rotor. Go figure, but braking is very strong with that fork, and it saves some weight.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
j6105 said:
yea that sucks you didn't read the manual or about the fork before you bought it :p . The fox has a proprietary DH brake mount for increases caliper rigidity and better performance. You need a 6" International Standard adapter to run an 8" rotor, and no adapter to run a 6" rotor. Go figure, but braking is very strong with that fork, and it saves some weight.
It doesnt help that I bought the fork used and it didnt come with a frickin manual...but thanks...that answers my question...thanks bro

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
j6105 said:
Wow, to helpful post in a row by j6105. Let's keep the streak alive.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
irban_bike said:
It doesnt help that I bought the fork used and it didnt come with a frickin manual...but thanks...that answers my question...thanks bro
most dont come with manuals, but you can find it on the internet (ie. the manufacturers site), just like advice.

btw, theres no 6" rotor possibility with Hayes

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
another helpful post....... delete TS's account zedro.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
zedro said:
actually i'll delete yours if you dont take the spam out of your signature....
You're pretty selective in calling people on that, aren't you :p . Serious if you're gonna call people on it, look at everyone. For instance, Red Bull has had a spamalicious sig for like 5 months now...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
konabiker said:
You're pretty selective in calling people on that, aren't you :p . Serious if you're gonna call people on it, look at everyone. For instance, Red Bull has had a spamalicious sig for like 5 months now...
i dont always notice it. Typically when someone says something annoying i'll notice...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
JBsoxB said:
are you kidding?
uh, no. Think about it, an 8" rotor takes a 6" adaptor. A 6" rotor would requie something smaller than a 6" adaptor....

it gets messy with dumb caliper systems and rotor combinations with the Hope systems, some people find themselves having to buy both new calipers and rotors.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmm

yeah serious, i think you still got your panties in a wad over that FSR thing months ago. So sweet of you to single me out. Hows this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.