Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear fox float DCRV shock and a float 32 up front. I usually leave it in "trail" for 90% of my ride. On occasion if I'm on undulating fire road I'll click into "descend" to make my ride more cushy :) does anyone use "descend" on descents? Or maybe a combo of T and D depending on the situation?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I pretty much run my rear in trail and 1 on trail adjust all the time and the front tallas 34 160 on descend all the time. For my weight (135lb in gear) and riding style the front in trail anything is not dampened properly. Maybe with a tune it would be good but stock descend definitely works best for me up front.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
'14 Fuel EX8 29er here, with the same forks and shock.
I run Trail almost exclusively.

That said, I want SLIGHTLY less compression damping in the front, and more in the rear.
My old '08 Fuel EX9 has the RP23 boost with only the "propedal". I know there are rocker arm changes between the two, but I like the rear suspension on my '08 better than the '14.

I'll probably tear into the fork sometime. I tune my own motocross bike suspension, just never felt like doing anything to the bicycle suspension yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts