Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Rockshox SID XX (QR15) on my 29er carbon hardtail. I used to have a Fox 32 RLC on my 26" full suspension. While I like the Rockshox, it feels flexy to me and doesn't respond as well as my Fox did. I'm considering going back to Fox, but want to know if it's better to stick with the older RLC or go the CTD route. I also have a Niner carbon rigid fork I occasionally ride with the bike. My wheels are handbuilt Stans Crest on a CK hub with Sapim CX-Rays (aka, a stiff front wheel).

Thanks for the advice!
-Pete

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've got a Rockshox SID XX (QR15) on my 29er carbon hardtail. I used to have a Fox 32 RLC on my 26" full suspension. While I like the Rockshox, it feels flexy to me and doesn't respond as well as my Fox did. I'm considering going back to Fox, but want to know if it's better to stick with the older RLC or go the CTD route. I also have a Niner carbon rigid fork I occasionally ride with the bike. My wheels are handbuilt Stans Crest on a CK hub with Sapim CX-Rays (aka, a stiff front wheel).

Thanks for the advice!
-Pete
I can't compare as never had Rockshox in the same category, but am very happy with my CTD. Without over analysing, it simply does what it's designed to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depending in particular on your weight, that is not the stiffest front wheel. 29er forks and wheels will be more flexible than their 26" counterparts. I'd consider setting money aside for carbon wheels instead of springing for a new fork, that will likely yield much more steering precision, at least in my experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts