Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
In the shock like this CTD DRCV Shock there is a blue lever that sets us C, T or D mode.

I would like to take out that blue lever out remove the ball (that stops lever in only three positions) placed beneath. I just don't like the way it works.
The problem is that procedure (SHOCK- FLOAT CTD Boost Valve Rebuild | Bike Help Center | FOX - section "Rebound and Compression Knobs and Final Assembly") of removing blue lever requires full disassembly of entire shock (!!!) and I don't want to do it.

Is it possible to remove only that blue lever without the whole procedure?
Judging from photos all I should do is
  1. Unscrew red rebound knob
  2. Take red rebound knob off
  3. (In the shock there is no "1-2-3" black adjustment knob). Now the tricky part. While pressing down both silver rods (one for a rebound and the second for a CTD):
    I. Remove the set screw ("Step 1"),
    II. Lever/raise blue lever and take it out leaving silver rods inside shocks body.
    III. Protect the silver rods with a duct tape preventing from falling out the shock
    Pressing is necessary to prevent any problems on the connection yellow circled in photo in "Step 11".
  4. Remove ball (showed in the "Step 9"), clean and grease the blue lever
  5. Put blue lever back into shock's body
  6. Install red rebound cap
The thing is it's just a theory and I don't want to check it if I'm not completely sure I'll be able to install all part together without any problem. I worry about the silver rods and their connection with parts inside the shaft mentioned in the 3rd step (picture "Step 14"). If I'll take out the silver rods I'll probably have to send the shock to service and that would cost a lot.

Before I do it I must be completely sure it can be done.
Did someone take out that blue lever -without whole disassemby procedure- as I described?

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Why remove it? Removing the lever won't remove it's internal functions. Removing would be just as if you never flick it from its home position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to remove ONLY the ball and swap blue lever with a custom one, that is rotated 90' CW. After "my" procedure the shock should have all functions, but lever with different shape.
Why? Because it will be easier for me to operate it. And no, my local Fox dealer/service won't do it for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It is possible. I did it just as I described. Under the rod there is probably NO spring, so pressing the rod (point 3) was unnecessary.
Yet I’d be very careful during this procedure to not remove the rods. Of course you ‘re doing it at your own risk :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts