Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Old school, I know, but I thought maybe someone out there has an old Fox Alps 4 shock and can help me with some dimensions. I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the web. I'm looking for the maximum diameter of the "can," which appears to be the hex nut area. I'm also looking for the "piston" diameter - not the internal piston, but the diameter of the rod that telescopes. I've put together the following crude representation showing where I mean. This would be a HUGE help on a project I'm working on. Thanks!

Attachments

·
And I'm out.
506 Posts
The slider that I have in front of me measures at 1.4955" to 1.4965".

The threaded air can w/hex has three measurements: the hex (outside measure) is at 1.8835" to 1.8845" and the body above the hex measures at 1.8475" to 1.8480and the part closest to the slider measured at 1.8675" to 1.8680"

Enjoy the project!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SpecialWarr, you are the Man! :thumbsup: Thanks a ton.

BM, if the project succeeds, I'll post about it. It'll be a bit, but it could be very interesting. "Project" is a bit large in scope, but I didn't know what else to call it. More like "idea that could be cool."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.