Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
What you are likely hearing.....

is the blow of valve working. The Fox uses a hydraulic lock out that basically restricts the flow of oil through the compression damper locking out compression movement. To prevent damage to the damping system there is a blow off valve that opens temporarily to allow oil flow should you take a big enough hit. Once broken in the blow off will often make noise when activated. It may be a click, a squeak, or a wheezing sound as it opens and lets oil pass through the system allowing the fork to compress. The harder the compression the more the louder it may be. As long as you've been keeping up on the maintenance of the fork and it is working properly otherwise, don't worry about it.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, that is what I wanted to hear. Hate to think of that expensive shock going out the door as so many expensive bike parts tend to do. I am going to try harder to remember to unlock the fork for the downhills. I also lessened the lock out force adn the noise let up a corresponding amount. I only wish the Fox rear shock would lock out as well, I dislike the bob when pedaling up hill is certain gears. Thanks for the help, I will ride easier today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.