Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 40 did not fell right so I decided to take it apart and check things out. Well when I took apart the damper assembly and looked at the rebound damper I found that the small blue/green ring at the bottom was damaged and I found the pieces of it on the shaft. Has anyone else found this on dissembly and did fox just send you a new blue ring or did you have to send it in to them for service?

Attachments

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
My 40 did not fell right so I decided to take it apart and check things out. Well when I took apart the damper assembly and looked at the rebound damper I found that the small blue/green ring at the bottom was damaged and I found the pieces of it on the shaft. Has anyone else found this on dissembly and did fox just send you a new blue ring or did you have to send it in to them for service?
Fox will sell you small parts without requiring you to send the fork in. You may wish to inquire about how your home wrenching affects the warranty. 1 800 FOX SHOX.

I've performed damper rebuilds with small parts ordered from Fox and they were really courteous.

_MK

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damper question

Hey Mk,
when you did your damper oil change how tight did you screw the rod that adjusts the bottom out into the damper thing with the little holes. Looking at my photo I'm talking about how tight was #1 threaded onto #3. Is this how the bottom out is adjuste?. I am so light I need it to be set for light bottom out resistance. Thanks.

Attachments

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Hey Mk,
when you did your damper oil change how tight did you screw the rod that adjusts the bottom out into the damper thing with the little holes. Looking at my photo I'm talking about how tight was #1 threaded onto #3. Is this how the bottom out is adjuste?. I am so light I need it to be set for light bottom out resistance. Thanks.
I actually haven't worked on dampers other than F32s. I have no experience with the 40.

As far as how the bottomout is adjusted, I thought it has to do with air pressure inside of some chamber or, rather, the individual adjusting the size of that chamber which affects the ramp up. There are others around with more knowledge on the matter. I hope they'll chime in.

_MK

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
Hey Mk,
This will answer all your fox 40 questions.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fox RC2 Cart. Bottomout adjustment is not 8mm nut on compression shaft

Well I spoke with Nate at fox and he stated that #1 and #3 should be tighten with some loctite to 35 in lbs. and the blue ring that I broke was in fact the bottom out adjustment on RC2 cart. The position that it sits on the rebound piston is the key.It can be moved by using a tiny allen looks to be 1.5mm and moving it along the shaft by switching the metal sleeves around. Once I get the new ring in I will move it and report back on my finds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.