Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 40 and I need to run the included softer sping. But the supplied sping (blue, if it helps) has shrink wrap in the middle, but the stock ti spring doesn't. Is the shrink wrap neccesary? I have heard it is in previous years.

·
I like air!
915 Posts
Rover Nick said:
I have an '07 40 and I need to run the included softer sping. But the supplied sping (blue, if it helps) has shrink wrap in the middle, but the stock ti spring doesn't. Is the shrink wrap neccesary? I have heard it is in previous years.
Not necessary. It just stops the spring from rattling around a little. If you dont hear it, dont worry. If you do hear it, you still dont need it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You dont need the shrink wrap with the sotck Ti spring.Mine 40 came with a blue spring with NO shrink and it was rattling so I sent it back to FOX.They put the softer titanium spring without any shrink and the rattle's gone...If you do hear a rattle you can always put a ton of grease on your spring and it should do the trick...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.