Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the Fox 40 RC2 stand against drops. I realize its a downhill fork, but can it handle a smaller drop (10 feet or lower)? I think it should but i thought i would check. Can it go bigger than a small drop?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
The 40 can huck with chuck all day. It is jsut as capable, if not more than any other fork out there. I throw mine over road gaps and big dorps all the time.

Attachments

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Nope... it'll burst into flames if it senses it's dropping rapidly for over 5 feet... High tech!

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. Have you seen the abuse WC level racers put their stuff through?

·
Why aren't you riding????
426 Posts
coma13 said:
Nope... it'll burst into flames if it senses it's dropping rapidly for over 5 feet... High tech!

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. Have you seen the abuse WC level racers put their stuff through?
no sh*t, all this talk about if this or that is freerideable(i don't bag on noobs for not knowing), but watch one world cup race and realize you are a long way from punishing parts like that.

what should be asked is:
how much bad landing, crappy line, get the F off the bike in mid air type of abuse can it take?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
offtheedge said:
no sh*t, all this talk about if this or that is freerideable(i don't bag on noobs for not knowing), but watch one world cup race and realize you are a long way from punishing parts like that.
Ya i was pretty sure it would but the review pages were suggesting it wasnt freerideable and the fork was crap.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They were saying the fork was paper thin and would break very easy. I didnt really see fox making something not rugged. All their other stuff is very well built.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Alandrex said:
They were saying the fork was paper thin and would break very easy. I didnt really see fox making something not rugged. All their other stuff is very well built.
no no my freind... u got your information confused with boxxers:D

burnnnn:madmax:

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
It's rugged but the fork dives way way too much to be a big chucking fork IMO. All of the ones I've felt haven't been able to ramp up as much on deep high speed hits as a 888/Shiver/Monster or even some properly tuned Boxxers (I'd still feel safer hucking a 40 than a Boxxer for the record...).

·
Giant STP 06
575 Posts
07 should feel better with the end ramp-up.

DHidiot said:
It's rugged but the fork dives way way too much to be a big chucking fork IMO. All of the ones I've felt haven't been able to ramp up as much on deep high speed hits as a 888/Shiver/Monster or even some properly tuned Boxxers (I'd still feel safer hucking a 40 than a Boxxer for the record...).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the fox 40 is an awesome fork and one of the best looking forks you can buy now days!! i'd say huckable forsure

1 - 20 of 35 Posts