Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dressed to play
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual for the Fox 40 it says the lower crown is set for clearance for a 2.8 tire on full compression. DO NOT MOVE IT.
Is there any reason why i can't move it up to raise my axle to crown?

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
If the manual say not to move it...I wouldn't. You probably could physically move it but I wouldn't because I'm willing to bet fox will be able to tell if you ever send it in for a warranty or something. Since it flat out states not to move it in the manual I wouldn't mess with it.

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
... uh are you sure thats the crown its talking about? adjusting the ride height would not affect the tire clearance..but.. when i bought my glory used from the #2 semi pro racer 3 weeks ago,, the ride height was lowered, either he found it to be ok.. or just went for it?... shooot

·
dressed to play
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snowforner15 said:
... uh are you sure thats the crown its talking about? adjusting the ride height would not affect the tire clearance..but.. when i bought my glory used from the #2 semi pro racer 3 weeks ago,, the ride height was lowered, either he found it to be ok.. or just went for it?... shooot
This is the quote from the online manual, available here

"The 40 is assembled with the lower crown set to 176.4mm below the top of the upper tubes. The lower crown position is set to allow a 6mm clearance between the bottom of the crown and the top of a 2.80" tire when bottomed out. Do not change the position of the lower crown.

"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.