Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big M, Little organ.
295 Posts
Performance Elite also comes LSC/HSC.
Nope. Different damper, no HSC.

From Fox's website:
"The Performance Elite 40 retains the same 7000 series aluminum upper tubes as Factory Series, but has black anodized upper tubes instead of Genuine Kashima Coat. It also has a different FIT damper (without high-speed compression adjust) than the Factory model. A Performance Elite graphics package ties in the black-on-black look."

Explore 40 Bike Forks | FOX

·
Big M, Little organ.
295 Posts
I have only access to the factory so take this for what its worth. It looks like the dampers are very similar. The factory probably just has an adjustable preload on the HSC shim stack where the performance is a fixed stack.
I'd be willing to bet they both ride very similarly, especially if you are "average" in weight. If you are especially light or heavy you may find the adjustments too limiting. If you find it limiting there is always the option for a custom tune or aftermarket damper.

·
Big M, Little organ.
295 Posts
FYI, Vorsprung just released the “Fractive Tuning” damper for FIT4 forks, including the 40 performance elite. $95 will get the performance elite a damper that’s close to, if not better than the factory damper. No relationship to Vorsprung, I just like their stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.