Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is it a pressurized cartridge?
Or is it an "open" cartridge (like those in the "32" series)?
And what about the 36 ?

btw, the quote "bladder" on the picture isn't from me, but from a guy who says that it's a pressurized cartridge.

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,826 Posts
From that picture, you can ascertain that it's a closed cartridge, and a closed cartridge needs some sort of piston or bladder to keep the oil from cavitating and to deal with temperature changes.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
The manual has a warning that says...

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE THE FOX 40 RC2 OR R CLOSED CARTRIDGE SYSTEM UNLESS YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED FOX RACING SHOX SERVICE CENTER WITH THE APPROPRIATE TOOLS."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess the TALAS forks already have an IFP piston, charged with N2. But that's on the TALAS side, not the damper.

It wouldn't surprise me for it to have a pressurized IFP or a bladder.
Ciao!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Talas 32

Warp2003 said:
The manual has a warning that says...

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE THE FOX 40 RC2 OR R CLOSED CARTRIDGE SYSTEM UNLESS YOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED FOX RACING SHOX SERVICE CENTER WITH THE APPROPRIATE TOOLS."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess the TALAS forks already have an IFP piston, charged with N2. But that's on the TALAS side, not the damper.

It wouldn't surprise me for it to have a pressurized IFP or a bladder.
Ciao!
Are you refering to nitrogen? The Talas 32mm forx dont use nitrogen, at least Fox has said to use their pressurization needle tool and just pump air into the IFP to 150 psi. I dunno if the 36 is different but I would highly doubt it.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
DGC said:
Are you refering to nitrogen? The Talas 32mm forx dont use nitrogen, at least Fox has said to use their pressurization needle tool and just pump air into the IFP to 150 psi. I dunno if the 36 is different but I would highly doubt it.
Yeah, my bad... it has an IFP but no N2.... my bad, sorry.

As always, you're correct DGC!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.