Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know why Push Industries won't perform their magic on Fox 36 series forks? There isn't much elaboration on their website FAQ, nor much info when I asked them.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Probably some combination of the potential 36 market doesn't warrant the R&D, they weren't happy with the performance tuning options, and/or it wasn't cost effective to make the mods. Same with the with the DHX-Air.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Homebrew said:
Probably some combination of the potential 36 market doesn't warrant the R&D, they weren't happy with the performance tuning options, and/or it wasn't cost effective to make the mods. Same with the with the DHX-Air.
Great points. Seems like it's pretty wide open for someone to come in and fix whatever issues people have with the earlier 36's and pickup a bunch of business.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dont know why they do the DHX-C, but not the DHX-A?

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Something to do with shims?

The other Fox shox and forks use em,and the 36, and DHX air don't? Anyway something about that, that's what Push works on, and they arn't found on the others?

I don't know... I heard something like that somewhere??? :confused:

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
My "understanding" is that the dampers are not actually the same, so the mods would not just trasfer. The piggybacks are pretty much identical, but the actual oil damper is supposed to be different.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Thats what Ive picked here and there, but w/as amany of these DHXA's that are specd and their lacking the quality damping of the C, seems like theyd figure something out. I mean they tweak every other fox pp air shock. Maybe its just too much of a pita?

wayne

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fox 36

GARAGEWORKS in Irvine does service and tuning work on all FOX 36 fork models

with very good compression and rebound damping control plus a huge range of damping there simply is not much reason to mod/tune these forks - the chassis and internals are world class engineering

that said we can reduce high speed compression a bit so that for each high speed hit the rider will get an extra 1/2" to 3/4" of shaft travel - makes the fork more buttery on rock gardens and reduces hand slap a bit

give us a shout if you need an overhaul or tuning -

www.garageworkssuspension.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.