Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
check into the top crown hitting the down tube, the new 66 does it since VPFs were not made for SC forks. so hopefully with the 36 you'll get away with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
i've scene the 36 van take some serious abuse. kyle strait rips on one. they can probably take everything a 66 can take. santa cruz has them available for a vpfree so they should work well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
ebfreerider510 said:
i've scene the 36 van take some serious abuse. kyle strait rips on one. they can probably take everything a 66 can take. santa cruz has them available for a vpfree so they should work well
they also spec the new 66 on the VPF. but thanks for your valuable input...
 

·
N* Bomber Crew
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
ebfreerider510 said:
i've scene the 36 van take some serious abuse. kyle strait rips on one. they can probably take everything a 66 can take. santa cruz has them available for a vpfree so they should work well
Bad habit that a lot of people do on these boards....

"Dude so-and-so Pro rips on so-and-so product"

Um, they have mechanics, they can get them replaced easily...etc. Just a bad habit I notice that I am guilty of too sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
Raptordude said:
Bad habit that a lot of people do on these boards....

"Dude so-and-so Pro rips on so-and-so product"

Um, they have mechanics, they can get them replaced easily...etc. Just a bad habit I notice that I am guilty of too sometimes.
ya that is true, but its not just pros who rip on them
 

·
Bum Buzzer
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
BJ- said:
check into the top crown hitting the down tube, the new 66 does it since VPFs were not made for SC forks. so hopefully with the 36 you'll get away with it.
Are comments like this the result of excessive inhalants?

What the hell / f**k / in tarnations kind of lunatic non-sense does that make...holy friggin wampbampalubomp. I have heard of older Fox floats/vanillas hitting the downtube - and I suppose it is possible the new 66 crowns are problematic, but VPFs were not made for SC forks ??? what the ignoramutastico hell!!

I am reanalyzing seeking logic... cannot, does not, will not COMPUTE

OWWWWWWWWW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Are comments like this the result of excessive inhalants?

What the hell / f**k / in tarnations kind of lunatic non-sense does that make...holy friggin wampbampalubomp. I have heard of older Fox floats/vanillas hitting the downtube - and I suppose it is possible the new 66 crowns are problematic, but VPFs were not made for SC forks ??? what the ignoramutastico hell!!

I am reanalyzing seeking logic... cannot, does not, will not COMPUTE

OWWWWWWWWW
Damn you're F*cking retarded!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
It's about time!

A post today that brings me to read on. Great facts, serious comparison and great value to the poster!

Press on boys! Let the mud slinging begin!

It must be cold outside!

LOL!

Oh yes, I did get to ride today!
 

·
~~~~~~~~
Joined
·
5,932 Posts
free-rider_down-hiller said:
Hey to all the Fox 36 users out there what kind of abuse do you think the fork can handle and would this be a good match for a vp-free?
I've been on one for a few months now and I guess I abuse it, but I'm old, 43, and weigh 145lbs, so it probably doesn't count for much. Anyway, I case gaps, hit trees, land front wheel first alot, ghost ride, etc. and no probs (with the fork at least, my body is kind of thrashed). I bottom it out regularly, running the stock springs with minimum low and high comp. It's on a Turner RFX and I really like the geometry setup, HT angle works out to 67ish degrees, I do lots of climbing and it doesn't bother me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
I just except the fact that SC forks are going to hit my frame. Every bike that I have had has had this issue and its never been an issue yet. The only nick from the fork came from laying the bike down in the back of the Van. So now I use a rag. I guess if you crash hard that it might dent it, but you may have more dents from the rocks anyway. I just came to the conclusion that there is nothing I can do, just like there is never good standover clearance anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Are comments like this the result of excessive inhalants?

What the hell / f**k / in tarnations kind of lunatic non-sense does that make...holy friggin wampbampalubomp. I have heard of older Fox floats/vanillas hitting the downtube - and I suppose it is possible the new 66 crowns are problematic, but VPFs were not made for SC forks ??? what the ignoramutastico hell!!

I am reanalyzing seeking logic... cannot, does not, will not COMPUTE

OWWWWWWWWW
i dont know about you, but i find it amusing that an XC rider is trying to give me a lecture on a FR bike. nice try moron, want to embarrace yourself further? then give the nice people at Santa Cruz Bicyles a call and ask them yourself. i went to the liberty of leaving the number below...

831 459 7560
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top