Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after xmas i'm converting my 2007 talas's to either floats or vanillas ive had enogh of the harsh linear feel of the tales forks , ive rang fox and the cost for either is about the same , ive never ridden either floats or vans properly so which would you recomend , weight is not really an issue i just want plush and progressive with decent small bump compliance .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just had my 36 Talas fork serviced by Push, I went for their Factory Tuning and even though I don't use the Talas adjust all that often I had that rebuilt. I use one bike for everything and like having the ability to adjust the travel so the few extra bucks for the Talas service is worth it to me.
Fork is now butta smooth over small stuff and chatter and no longer glances off of small stuff, no pedal bob or braking dive either with this plush feel. It seems equally competent on taking bigger hits too, so I'm very happy with the service performed and recommend you look into this too before ditching your Talas adjust. And no I don't work for Push, just a happy customer.
Hope that's some help.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Yeti Guy said:
I just had my 36 Talas fork serviced by Push, I went for their Factory Tuning and even though I don't use the Talas adjust all that often I had that rebuilt. I use one bike for everything and like having the ability to adjust the travel so the few extra bucks for the Talas service is worth it to me.
Fork is now butta smooth over small stuff and chatter and no longer glances off of small stuff, no pedal bob or braking dive either with this plush feel. It seems equally competent on taking bigger hits too, so I'm very happy with the service performed and recommend you look into this too before ditching your Talas adjust. And no I don't work for Push, just a happy customer.
Hope that's some help.
+1, same experience here, just got mine back with the FFS from Push and Yeti Guy is spot on. Check it out before you ditch the fork!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.