Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a good deal to buy a 36 talas RC2 2006 (old version 150mm).

The 2006 version is 150mm max and A2C of 535 mm (my frame warranty is until 150mm).

Do you know what are the main differents Cons/Pros between the old version and the 2007 /8/9 versions? (stiff,reliability,plush...)

Thx

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Based on the reviews and forums - the 150mm Talas 36 had a lot of problems/'warranty issues with losing travel, and also bottoming out since they were (possibly) too linear.

So if you are buying a used one without seeing it in person, you might receive a 150mm fork with <140mm travel, and no warranty to fix it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
spr said:
So, if its new ,is it possible to fix the issues you mention?

thx
I had an 06 TALAS 36 RC2. I chose to sell it because of the bottoming issue. I never had any problem with the travel as many people have mentioned in these posts, even with several hundred miles on the fork. I simply could not get a happy medium between preventing bottom out and retaining small bump sensitivity. It was either one or the other, no in between. I purchased a Lyrik and it has been able to give me both of these right out of the box. I loved the feel of the 36, although the Lyrik is just as smooth, but an 06 I would not recomend. After all even ten dollars is a waste for something that does not work right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.