Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just upgraded my fork from a 36 Rhythm to the 36 Elite with the Grip2 damper. Picked up the fork used in good condition and had it serviced. First ride today and noticed it makes an unusually loud “sucking” sound during the rebound stroke.
Is this normal for this damper or a sign that something is wrong? Anyone else experienced this?

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
So I just upgraded my fork from a 36 Rhythm to the 36 Elite with the Grip2 damper. Picked up the fork used in good condition and had it serviced. First ride today and noticed it makes an unusually loud "sucking" sound during the rebound stroke.
Is this normal for this damper or a sign that something is wrong? Anyone else experienced this?

TIA.

Mine does it too. How loud?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say that it’s significantly louder than the Rhythm and More noticeable on the trail than I remember any other fork sounding. The fork appears to operate fine so the noise seems out of place.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Fox 36 with GRIP2 here. 170mm travel. Damper makes a kind of “pfft” noise on rebound. Functions just fine though... the adjusters work and it’s doing what I want. I also have an older FIT4 34 in 130mm that makes a similar, slightly higher-pitched noise (more of a "phwee").

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine makes what I would consider a normal "suck" sound on rebound. Louder than my 36 Factory FIT unit. I think what you're experiencing is normal, IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.