Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend, I installed a GRIP2 damper in my 2018 Fox 36 Performance Elite. The install went fine for the most part, but one part that threw me for a loop was when I dropped the lowers, I found 2 blue rubber discs lodged in the tips of the stanchions. I presume they are bottom out bumpers.

Is this normal? I never had this happen on my other Fox 36, and don't see any mention of this in any of the Fox service videos. I got the fork used on a demo bike that I bought from Transition. I'm guessing some idiot who rode it ran the fork at too low of pressure and hit a massive huck, bottoming out solidly.

Is there anything I should be on the lookout for? The stanchion tips looked fine. The oil definitely needed service, as it was a lovely shade of brown. I'll probably replace the SKF seals with a set of green ones (and the foam rings), as they were bone dry and the rings also brown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.