Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missing my 2005 Six-Pack that I sold about two years ago.... :rolleyes:
Have not been doing any significant "air time" since.
Tried once with the 5-Spot, but it does not feel right.:nono:

Always loved the look of the Highline, so wanted to try and build one the way my 6- Pack was built @ ~ 37 lbs with my current 2009 Float 36.
I will have a steep HA as a result, but I know someone who can fix that ;)

Lots of reasons not to do it, but I cant help asking about this as I see the Highline thread is still alive. :thumbsup:

Can it be an AM/FR lite rig?

Thanks

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Missing my 2005 Six-Pack that I sold about two years ago.... :rolleyes:
Have not been doing any significant "air time" since.
Tried once with the 5-Spot, but it does not feel right.:nono:

Always loved the look of the Highline, so wanted to try and build one the way my 6- Pack was built @ ~ 37 lbs with my current 2009 Float 36.
I will have a steep HA as a result, but I know someone who can fix that ;)

Lots of reasons not to do it, but I cant help asking about this as I see the Highline thread is still alive. :thumbsup:

Can it be an AM/FR lite rig?

Thanks
You are starting with a 12# frame... never going to be that light or fun to pedal very far. The HL does pedal quite well and is a super fun bike to ride, but trying to use it as a AM rig is quite a stretch.
IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I use my highline as an am rig all the time. I've always been a better to have and not need, than a need and not have advocate.

When I moved to Hawaii for a couple of years, I could only take one of my Turners and the highline fit the bill pretty well. I never wanted to be under biked for the dh stuff, so brought a dc and a sc fork that allowed me to do every thing I wanted to from epic rides to bombing dh and hucking.

The hl is a pig, but it pedals pretty well and I recall seeing someone post that they got theirs down to 37 lbs which is about the same weight as my 5 spot! Anyway, have fun with tinkering with you head angle, you can only make ur rig better!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I rode my Highline exclusively for the first 6 months or so after I got it. Didn't want to ride anything else and it gave me alot of confidence to try new things. You get sick of pushing it uphill after a while. You CAN get it up a hill though. Also, it feels like a pig on really twisty narrow trails like we have here in OH.

Prepare to FLY down the hills though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts