Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Both, pick your preference and be a Richard about it. Also consider alternatives, Mattoc, Sapphire, SR Suntour. Each has its own compromises and feel, so you should research that and find the one that best fits your preferences.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,029 Posts
Relatively similar forks, the Pike is probably a bit stiffer, based on most of RS products being stiffer for the same size legs than Fox. The thing that would push me over the edge though is ease of service. The Pike is easier to service.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Relatively similar forks, the Pike is probably a bit stiffer, based on most of RS products being stiffer for the same size legs than Fox. The thing that would push me over the edge though is ease of service. The Pike is easier to service.
I agree, easier to service both sides. IMO more supple off the top compared to the Fox 36 I use to have. Now I've got RS Lyrik and Pike on my bikes.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I like the Grip 2 (34) better than my rockshox rc2 stuff (have a Lyrik). Grip 2 gives a "more sporty feel" aka it's sort of stiffer throughout.

I have a Mezzer on my hardtail (but only 4 rides) and that's currently my fork of choice. It seems great, but time will tell.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like the Grip 2 (34) better than my rockshox rc2 stuff (have a Lyrik). Grip 2 gives a "more sporty feel" aka it's sort of stiffer throughout.

I have a Mezzer on my hardtail (but only 4 rides) and that's currently my fork of choice. It seems great, but time will tell.
Now that you mention it. I like the feel on my RS select forks over the RC2. Sold the Ultimate Lyrik

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.