Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Imma do my first fork service.(fox34 performance elite fit4) Im planning to do a lower service. Fox recommends changing the 3cc oil in the air chamber. When is this step taking place? Is it a step of the lower leg service? I dont find a single video about it. Not even a discussion. Do i really need to change it? If yes, how often and how.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey. Imma do my first fork service.(fox34 performance elite fit4) Im planning to do a lower service. Fox recommends changing the 3cc oil in the air chamber. When is this step taking place? Is it a step of the lower leg service? I dont find a single video about it. Not even a discussion. Do i really need to change it? If yes, how often and how.

Thanks for the help!
The only way to "change" the 3cc of oil in the air chamber is to pull the air spring out.

The 3cc on top of the air spring will eventually migrate through the equalisation dimple into the negative chamber.

If you just add 3cc each time without cleaning the air spring you will just be taking up air volume.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way to "change" the 3cc of oil in the air chamber is to pull the air spring out.

The 3cc on top of the air spring will eventually migrate through the equalisation dimple into the negative chamber.

If you just add 3cc each time without cleaning the air spring you will just be taking up air volume.
Then i guess i should just leave it as it is. Im not riding way too much. Should i just leave it for the bigger service/ rebuild?
And now only do the lower leg?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.