Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
Thanks, hadn't seen the frontal pic :D Looks like 65mm rims with floaters? I believe this could be a good viable option.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
This fork has the wheels turning in my head. What about setting up the front end of a fat bike like the Surly Wednesday with the Fox 34+ fork and 27.5 x 3 tire on a 45mm rim up front? Pair it with a 26 x 3.8 or 4.0 out back on a 65mm rim.

With this combo you could get the majority of float from the back and more precise steering up front... It may even work better than 26x3.8 on packed snow.

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
This fork has the wheels turning in my head. What about setting up the front end of a fat bike like the Surly Wednesday with the Fox 34+ fork and 27.5 x 3 tire on a 45mm rim up front? Pair it with a 26 x 3.8 or 4.0 out back on a 65mm rim.

With this combo you could get the majority of float from the back and more precise steering up front... It may even work better than 26x3.8 on packed snow.
:skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep:
nuff said!!

·
Is dang happy!
1,370 Posts
I wonder if the 2016 Rockshox Pike 27.5+ can pull that off?
The Bluto is just too noodley! 2017 is a long time to wait for a Fat Pike!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
:skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep::skep:
nuff said!!
I was thinking one of the larger 27.5+ tires like the Bridger...but yeah, nuff said.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

This is why I put a 2015 Lefty on my Pugsley. It will be great as a "firm snow" bike. It is wide enough to run a B+ tire up front and whatever I want for the rear. Love the idea of a Wednesday and the Fox fork.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The fact it will fit a 4" tire on a 65mm rim is sweet - I'd pick one up if I could make my I9 135/142 front hub work with the new boost front standard. Just got it laced up to a LB carbon rim. Maybe someone out there could make some adapters. Without having done any measurements, I'm doubting that it would work without at least some re-dishing of the wheel. I also wonder if the Manitou + forks would have similar clearance?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts