Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on my tallboy build. Just found out that the RLC120mm does not come in a tapered steer tube. Only 100mm or upgrade to TALAS. Anyone one running a 120mm RLC on the Tallboy? if so what headset are you using? any issues?

·
Registered
945 Posts
RLC 120 on Tallboy

My Tallboy came with a Fox 120 tapered headset[ King]. I don't know if it has been replaced with the Talus. The Tallboy need's a 120, the 100 just doesn't match the potential of the bike. The Talus would work.

·
MountainGoat aka OldGoat
832 Posts
They do come with the tapered head tube. I got mine with the xoxc kit from Santa Cruz. BTW I like the way the 120 works on my TB.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I put the Reba 140 on mine. It works but a little to tall. Put it back to 120 PERFECT!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heard that the tapered tube 120mm is only available as a Santa Cruz OEM product. Fox does not offer it aftermarket. Is that true?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds about right. Fox definitely likes to "push" people in a certain direction. they're going to lose a lot of business because of it. I'm in the market for a new fork and am deciding against a Fox because they decided to discontinue aftermarket purchase of the F29 remote. They customer service guy that responded to my question said that they had the terralogic in their line up instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts