Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 07 BLT early last year. Really did not get to ride it much though. I crashed bad in June and just could not get back on it before winter kicked back in. Anyway my BLT came with a Rock Shox 426 revolution air non u-turn. I never could get the fork adjusted right. Had to run a lot lower pressure than recommended to get it to work at all. It's a great fork but dose not work with my rear RP23 at all. It just never felt as nice or plush as the rear fox RP23. I think this fact majorly contributed to a couple crashes ending in a spectacular season ending 7 foot up 15 feet out over the bars wreak. (ok ok the O.T.B. crash was mostly my falt) My BLT landed softly I did not. Anyway I just picked up an new take off 07 Fox talas RLC for 350. Any idea if this fork will better match my RP23 rear?

R

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have 07 BLT1 + RP23 + Talas 32 and have been very happy. I pretty much leave the fork @ 140 and can climb great, bomb down technical steeps, and handle moderate drops & jumps. I'm starting to think about my next bike and struggling cuz the bar is pretty high now.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
I had that combo last year - great match as long as you're under 200lbs. Requires sth like a DT RWS ThruBolt hub if you are over 200lbs imo - little twisty. Otherwise a great fork and a perfect, plush match. I'd go Pike with a thru axle for the stiffness though.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.