Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my push-to-unlock remote seems to have a mind of its own.

shouldn't the bigger lever should give me suspension while pushing the smaller lever will give me lockout. BUT seems like the remote just releases ON ITS OWN (LOCKOUT). this has been my experience on the first 2 rides ive had with this fork.

my buddy installed the fork based off the instructions here:

has anyone found other aftermarket remotes to replace this stock fox one?

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Pushing the smaller lever will unlock the cable releasing cable tension. This also allows the bigger lever to move back to more forward position. This what happens at the lever. At the fork when you pull the cable it should move the fork to "open" position. When you release cable tension the spring in the damper knob should move the fork back to closed (lock out position). If this is not occurring then you need to look at how the remote lock out cap was installed. I converted my Fox 32 SC to remote lock out using a 3 position push to lock cable (OEM version) and had to be careful to get the spring clocked correctly to ensure it all worked.

I can see the cable moving the top of the damper when I pull on it. My GF's Top fuel has push to unlock on her Fox 32SC and for reasons that I cannot explain does not seem to want to lock out any more. It is always open. However the rear locks out as designed. So the issue is in the damper cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.