Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a choice between these two forks for XC hardtail for various terrain - from small bumps to relatively big stones with no jumps. Mostly not for racing, but for fun riding. What is the difference in feel between these forks? Which one is more responsive? Which is more plush on small bumps?
Many thanks!

· Registered
416 Posts
The SID is s better. The 32SC even in Factory guise is probably one of the worst forks I’ve ridden especially in that price range! The damper is incredibly harsh and fork very flexy. The 34SC is heaps better and just a tad heavier so I’ll take fhe weight penalty any day.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 32SC even in Factory guise is probably one of the worst forks I've ridden especially in that price range! The damper is incredibly harsh and fork very flexy.
Did you ride grip or fit4 damper? Factory forks have only fit4 as far as I know. I currently have 32 SC Factory fit4 on my full suspension bike, and you right, it's harsh. I've heard that grip dampers are more responsive.

· Registered
234 Posts
I have a choice between these two forks for XC hardtail for various terrain - from small bumps to relatively big stones with no jumps. Mostly not for racing, but for fun riding. What is the difference in feel between these forks? Which one is more responsive? Which is more plush on small bumps?
Many thanks!
The SIDs are having pretty frequent bushing play warranty issues, something to look out for. Can you go to the 34 range?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.