Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Float 140RL and it loses air on rides, a fair bit too. It will drop from 85psi to about 50 in a 1.5-2 hour ride and last ride the dust wiper popped up on me. It's always lost a little air, but it's getting worse.
I took it apart and followed the fox service guide, inspected all elements of the (really simple) air spring, and it all looked good; no visible scratches in the internal bore, and the piston o-ring looks immaculate.
Am I missing something, or is it time for a new o-ring, or potentially a warranty issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leopafe said:
When you opened the air spring top cap, did it have oil on top of the piston?
You should not be losing any air at all.
A little, just the float fluid from what I could tell. I cleaned everything, and when I reassembled, I used a pillow pack of float fluid on top of the piston like the manual recommends.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leopafe said:
Just another thought, make sure it is not the valve on the top cap that is leaking air out, and also take a look at the o-ring on the top cap.
I did think about that, but the air was leaking into the lowers and escaping through the wiper, and last week had actually popped the wiper out of the fork leg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.