Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got home from work and just put the tire on I think i might be able to fit 2.0 on this baby. Iam going to get a Maxiss Ignitor 2.0 I here its more like a 1.9 in size seems as if I have a little room to spare let me know what u guys think please?:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Ok, but have you made really sure that if you fully compress the fork the tire does not contact the bottom of the fork crown and send you endo? Remember that fully compressed means compressing any end of travel limiting bumper as far as it will go. This might not be easy. Some travel limiting internal spacers may be needed.

Be really cool if no internal mods are needed to a run an Ignitor.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It rides like a dream. Your probably right about the Ignitor, though. However, I was told by many on this board that the Panaracer Fire Cross would never fit in there either. My front tire of choice is now the Panaracer Fire Cross. Most MTbers ride either a rigid or a hardtail and use a higher volume tire to absorb the shock. I ride a full suspension bike to absorb the shock and use a skinnier tire in order to gain some of the benefits of a 29er. I love my Epic and my Fox 100x Fork and this is my way of having the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
miles e said:
Thanks. I've never seen one before. Especially not on the Turner board. :rolleyes:

(Guess I didn't use enough smilies. :confused: :madman: :madmax: ).
There's a Turner board!?!?!! :eek: ;) :D

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
The clearance on the rear wheel looks tighter than the clearance on the fork. Can you show us close up photos of the rear wheel and tire and how close it comes to touching?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Too tight for a 2.1!

The 2.1s all get a taller casing as well as width, the only other option that might work is Conti Vapor listed as a 28 x 2.1 but its not a true 2.1. Karma 1.9 probably won't fit but its wortha try if you have friends at the LBS. I've been searching for the same type tight fit and thats all I have found.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.