Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just setting up a Fox100x on my bike and seem to have it set up well for bumpthreshold,etc
however I know that its supposed to be rigid when you push down from the top but the question is how rigid...should there be a little play ? Any set up tips would be great.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
It is not supposed to be completely rigid. There is a bit of play. If you have set up your sag according to the manual you will know that you need to sit on it for at least 30 seconds to let it sag down. A small amount of oil is supposed to bleed past the inertial valve.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 100x and coming from an 80RLT, it feels rigid to me. Fox explains that in their manual. Sag is min of 30 sec, and I believe you only should have about 9/16 of an inch anyway

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
The following is cut and pasted directly from the 2005 Fox Forx manual. I'm not making this stuff up! A F100X may well feel rigid to you, coming off a non Terralogic fork. I owned one and I know that it is not supposed to feel completely rigid.

"F80X and F100X Damper Operation
FOX FORX F80X & F100X with TerraLogic Technology represent the ultimate in cross country front suspension. The F80X and F100X feature a lock-out that is controlled by an inertia valve. The F80X and F100X remain locked out until there is input from the trail. The inertia valve then opens allowing the damper and subsequently the fork to function normally. When there is no longer input from the trail, the inertia valve closes and the fork again locks out. The lock-out featured on the F80X and F100X is firm but not rock solid. This is an important design characteristic and is normal. Featured adjustments on the F80X and F100X are Rebound and Bump Threshold."

Ronnie.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
Ronnie said:
The following is cut and pasted directly from the 2005 Fox Forx manual. I'm not making this stuff up! A F100X may well feel rigid to you, coming off a non Terralogic fork. I owned one and I know that it is not supposed to feel completely rigid.
Neither my F80X nor F100X are rock-solid. There is a very slight amount of travel once the TerraLogic is closed. Give the wheel a quick tap and it opens-up. Then, leave it standing for a couple of seconds, and it's firm again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.