Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SingleTrack Junkie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use a Fox Terralogic 100x on their El Fuego ? I'm curious to know how well it works on this bike . I just bought a 15 inch El Fuego for my Wife and I was thinking about using my Fox 100x from My El Salt on it. Any Fork Sugestions for this bike would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
I personally think 100mm would be too tall for a Fuego

dbitondo said:
Does anyone here use a Fox Terralogic 100x on their El Fuego ? I'm curious to know how well it works on this bike . I just bought a 15 inch El Fuego for my Wife and I was thinking about using my Fox 100x from My El Salt on it. Any Fork Sugestions for this bike would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
I ran my Float 100 RLC at 80mm and it felt to steep/twitchy. At 100mm it was too slow for my liking. I made a spacer so I can use it at 90mm, which for me was the magic spot. You might be able to do the same and make a spacer to reduce your 100x's travel to 90 or 80.

Give it a try and see if she likes it...The Fox is a short fork for its given travel. If you want 100mm on a Fuego, the Fox would definitely be the way to go.

op

·
SingleTrack Junkie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohpossum said:
I ran my Float 100 RLC at 80mm and it felt to steep/twitchy. At 100mm it was too slow for my liking. I made a spacer so I can use it at 90mm, which for me was the magic spot. You might be able to do the same and make a spacer to reduce your 100x's travel to 90 or 80.

Give it a try and see if she likes it...The Fox is a short fork for its given travel. If you want 100mm on a Fuego, the Fox would definitely be the way to go.

op
Cool .That helps .The 100x seems to make the Front wheel traction on my Salty sketchy on steep climbs .I'm hoping it will react better on the More CC'ish 3inch travel Fuego .If it works out ,I'll end up with a New Talas on my ride , she'll get the 100x and we'll both be happy !
Thanks!
db

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.