Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great Fourth weekend here in CT. Finally the trails are dry and we can get out there and ride. I got a ride in with the wife on Saturday AM, one with DNA on Sunday and the third today with Unsprung. Each ride was unique and great in its own way.

Wife ride - mellow cruise with the dog through some tough technical stuff, though little in the way of hills. DNA ride - he kicked my a$$, riding fast on hilly, technical terrain for 3 hours, whew, I'm not used to that. Unsprung ride - 3 hours of nicely paced XC stuff across some really nice singletrack.

My digital camera died, so I made up some drawings which depict the rides. While I'm not sure the drawings catch the ride as well as pictures, I think you get the idea...:D

1) on the DNA ride I made a technical rock ascent that I've only made one time before.

2) On the ride with Unsprung we hit some nice ramps hard. A lotta air.

3) I forget which ride had the most drop ins, but this was sweet.

John

Attachments

·
avg. joe
657 Posts
You stole this guy's headgear...

the kind he bought at a second hand store ...

Sounds like you had a pretty dayam good weekend with your rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Sounds like you had an excellent weekend, but had some hard rides - your wheels look a bit out of true :D :p

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
With a bike like that, you should've posted it in the Save Some Weight forum!! Looks like you shaved a ton of grams off of it!:p

:cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is awesome. Come on, don't dis your drawings skills, those tires are round!! Maybe I'll start leaving the camera home and just bring a sheet of paper and a half a pencil. You know, instead of lugging around the camera, I can pack a spare chain. That would have helped on my 5 mile walk out of Lynn Woods on Saturday.

:smallviolin: <-- Playing for me.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Jisch said:
Hey come on, I did the best I could with the shapes in Powerpoint... At least I'm wearing a helmet/beret :thumbsup:

John
":thumbsup: " for effort.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Dang, even with those awesome pictures I am envious of your rides. My 4th of July weekend schedule went like this.

Sat: sit by the pool and drink Corona
Sun: race mountain bikes, dropout early because of the 112 heat index go home lay by pool drink more Corona
Mon: bought a new Jeep so I had to celebrate by laying by the pool, drinking more Corona and grilling some burgers
Tues: 4th of July finally! A day to lay by the pool and drink beer, oh wait I have done that all weekend. Oh well, I ran out of money and Corona so I drank some bud light and grilled some steaks I bought before I was broke (thank god). I did ride my bike with my girl down to the city fireworks show though.

That makes a total of 12 miles of riding over 4 days, my lowest since feb. I am envious of your artwork/ make believe photos.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn....

brado1 said:
Good stuff there John, but no ride is complete without a little of this :p
And here I was feeling good that no one caught that on film...

Well at least I'm wearing my beret....

(nice job on the rendering - did you redraw everything?)

John

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Jisch said:
And here I was feeling good that no one caught that on film...

Well at least I'm wearing my beret....

(nice job on the rendering - did you redraw everything?)

John
Cut-paste with a little touch up in photoshop - took all of about 4 mins to do ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.