Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
schnauzers said:
Have a safe and happy Independence Day!

Remember...

Lookout Mountain is closed to non-residents (you have to have an address on it) as is Chimney Gulch.

I wonder what the view would be like from the top of NTM?
They closed it? Weird, didn't know. So can I still take my family on the hiking trails on top of Lookout?

·
Registered
339 Posts
schnauzers said:
Have a safe and happy Independence Day!

Remember...

Lookout Mountain is closed to non-residents (you have to have an address on it) as is Chimney Gulch.

I wonder what the view would be like from the top of NTM?
Remember... Fort Collins is closed to Denver residents. And the view up here is AWESOME - even on non July 4th dates.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I just want to wish an early happy 4'th of July to everyone . I hope where ever Y'all end up you get there safe. I for one will be leaving for Winter Park in the morning for a long weekend of MTBiking with da wife till Sunday I hope there are some really easy stuff for her.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ithnu said:
They closed it? Weird, didn't know. So can I still take my family on the hiking trails on top of Lookout?
Chimney Gulch (hiking trail, I guess), is officially "closed". I too, was hoping to bring the family up. Looks like Lions Park for us. If you want to try, it's up to you. I do know that there will be "officials*" checking for ID.

*My wife works for Jeffco Sherrif.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
NTM=North Table Mountain

timroz said:
Remember... Fort Collins is closed to Denver residents. And the view up here is AWESOME - even on non July 4th dates.
Not "HTMP", but agreed about the 4th of July chances. Another good spot is 1/2 way up the Diamond of Longs Peak :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
onbelaydave said:
Not "HTMP", but agreed about the 4th of July chances. Another good spot is 1/2 way up the Diamond of Longs Peak :thumbsup:
That would be pretty cool.

Last year I viewd EVERYTHING from the deck of my band mates house in Highlands Ranch (he lives on the top of the hill by the "Highlands Ranch" historic park. That was the single best FOJ experience I ever had (including multiple times from my SIL's balcony on the east river in NYC and many times at the Museum of Art in Philly.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
One year my wife and I drove to the top of White Ranch, and hiked a little and watched them from somewhere up there - can't remember exactly where, but it was kinda fun and different. You could see probably 10 or more different fireworks displays, just a long ways off, and no loud pop!
We thought we heard a bear at one point - that was a little freaky.
Happy 4th everyone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.