Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who: Open (non-riders welcome)

What: Sunset/night/Fireworks Ride Party & Potluck Dinner/BBQ

When: Fireworks, so …Cap't Obvious reporting…4th of July evening around 6ish, sunset 7:30 fireworks scheduled at 8:30

Where: 50 Year Trail (ride)maybe Upper 50 to Gem to home, whatever…
CJ & ME's (party bbq)

Why: Cool to watch fireworks in your periphery while riding the trail at night.

How: I like night riding, ME not so much. So, we could either start from here or she'll run a small group to the top of Golder. At night, an easy pace is fun and good for a group. It's pretty cool just riding around, gawking at all the 'owls' (LOL) all over the trail!!! The plan is to ride around, play, have fun and watch Marana/OroValley/Saddlebrooke fireworks from the trail. When we've had enough or are hungry, we could head down chutes or rollercoaster to the house and grill & chill.

ME will have the grill warm and torches burning. Any non-riders are welcome to hang back at our place and enjoy a cool beverage, grill, munch, watch the sunset and enjoy the desert evening.

People are welcome to set up a tent and crash in the yard. All set then, for a Saturday morning ride!

We've been speaking about this together and Walt's BCT post just prompted me to get motivated and offer it!

·
Registered
527 Posts
that sounds like the best think I have heard for the 4th so far. I have not been on my bike for some time so I might just hang at the ranch, and everything is subj to if my stomach is in a good mood or not but I will try and make it.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, great to have you!

ttocs said:
that sounds like the best think I have heard for the 4th so far. I have not been on my bike for some time so I might just hang at the ranch, and everything is subj to if my stomach is in a good mood or not but I will try and make it.
Great!

The place is covered with flowers and wildlife, so there's a lot to see while doing nothing!!!

Watch for the snakes (there are several residents, including a Black-Tailed Rattler!!!) and we ask that everyone stay out from underneath the 'pines' as the Harris's Hawks are actively raising offspring right now.

PaulB said:
Assuming E's medical stuff is any better than it is now (which isn't great; she drank a barium smoothie today and they took pix of her small intestine, whee!), we're gonna make every effort to get down there.
Only positive thing I can say to that is, "good thing she got to drink it".

I hope you can both make it. There is more and more going on here, every day. I think E will be surprised at the amount of change around here.

p.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Los Burros Campground White Mountains

SAMBA bike is headed there for the weekend, if you want a cool weather escape.
South Fork Shuttle should be one of the rides along with Los Burros Trail and pizza.

·
wowarizona.com
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
abegold said:
SAMBA bike is headed there for the weekend, if you want a cool weather escape.
South Fork Shuttle should be one of the rides along with Los Burros Trail and pizza.
Thanks for the invite, but, we are staying in town. Maybe some other time

Thanks, again!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.