Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this place I found for some freeride action. It's only 10 mins from my house. (Abilene, TX) There are a bunch of drops from 3 to 15' Further back on the property it looks like there could be some DJ potential as well.

Today I went there and cleaned up some boulders and rubble around several places with drops from 4 to 8'. Tomorrow, if I don't wimp out, I'm gonna try an 8' drop. (the last pic) My friend said he'll take some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
jkish said:
Check out this place I found for some freeride action. It's only 10 mins from my house. (Abilene, TX) There are a bunch of drops from 3 to 15' Further back on the property it looks like there could be some DJ potential as well.

Today I went there and cleaned up some boulders and rubble around several places with drops from 4 to 8'. Tomorrow, if I don't wimp out, I'm gonna try an 8' drop. (the last pic) My friend said he'll take some pics.
that's cool... make a step up! ;) :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Rattle snake country...

looks fun man but dont crash into some bush's only to get biten.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
I found a spot just like that only the landing consists of river rocks, a ton of them :( Somehow I am going to build something there, the spot has so much potential..

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Kish, you're going to jail. If that's the spot out by the lake on FM600, you're trespassing. Oh, wait a minute...the sign says, "No Motorized Vehicles", doesn't it...LOL! Actually though, is that by Lake Phantom or Kirby? There are similar features at both locations.

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Looks fun. My friend has a gulley running through his backyard kind of like that, but it's about 25 feet from top to bottom in some spots, and they built about a 50+ foot gap there the other day... When this damn snow melts we're gonna get action pics of it...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe the hospital, but not jail! I've had enough of jail!

It's by Fort Phantom Lake on F.M. 600., where the sign says "No Motorized Vehicles"

There's more by Lake Kirby? Where?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I warmed up on some smaller drops before I did the bigger one. It was scary as **** but I did it, especially how windy it was today. The last time I went faster and flew about 10' out. I couldn't stop in time and ran into a mud pit and mucked my bike up.

I measured it... was more like 7 vertical feet. If I go faster it goes out to about 9' but I'll have to wait for the mud to dry up. It's right past the landing.

Today was my third day ever to do drops to transitions. I can't believe how much smoother they are than flat drops. I was bracing for the impact and it never came.

I'm already eyeing a 12'. That one will need some digging and boulder clearing to get it ready.

Before I go any bigger I need to invest in some crash gear. I felt so exposed and unprotected with what I had. Eventually I'm gonna toss my EXR pro fork and get better tires too.

My friends photography skills aren't the greatest but here's some shots.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.