Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve been scouring the classifieds for a week weeks now looking for the perfect Stumpjumper to pop up. I’ve finally found one, but the frame size is a Medium. From my research, I think I’d be a large. How much of an impact would a smaller frame have?

For reference I’m 6’1” and around 190 pounds.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
You are way to big for a medium, a large could be a good fit but you might even want to consider an XL. Don't punish yourself trying to ride a medium

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
You found the perfect used bike for someone much smaller than you. That bike is not an option for you. Move forward and don't look back.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
A friend is 6'1 or 6'2 and rides a large 2014 Stumpjumper. He looks too big for it.
I am 5'8 on a medium and very comfortable.
A week isn't a long time to be searching classified -one will show up, eventually.

I purchased mine used, it took a while.
Broaden your search radius if necessary.

I met a person in the middle, we made a deal and I have a great bike. I sort of got lucky with the seller meeting me half way. Only thing I'd suggest, if you and a seller travel to meet, you should be sure you are prepared to purchase the bike as long as it is what was advertised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.