Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to head to the other side of the forest and ride where everyone doesn't and man I made a smart choice. Ok this trail is hands down the steepest trail EVER I was huffin and puffin just pushing the bike up to the highest point, that I could find, in dupont @ 3400ft. But the jumps are HUGE, 4-6 foot high, and the amount of speed is insane. If this trail just had berms so I can carry the speed through the turns it would be my favorite its in my top 5 though. This trail is just like greens lick but shorter and throw in alot of little rocks in so you got to keep your eyes glued to the lines. The upper half of the trial stone mtn trail(77) is tech 4 and the lower rocky ridge trail(69) is tech 3. The veiw at the top is awsome to so nice reward for all the pushing. Heres the map and I really want you all to go out and ride its worth all the pushing to top to ride this down!

Heres a map and enjoy this wonderfull downhill

No its not hidden but its never ridden and so put that lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
extrmtao said:
Hate to rain on your parade but hopefully you did not ride the top of Stone Mountain as that is closed to bikes.
Is there a comprehensive list of trails closed to bikes in Dupont?

This reference to "steep dead end spurs" from Woody is all I found...I'm sure I am missing something on the website...or, are the closed trails marked at the TH alone?...

"DSF has 80+ miles of trails and roads, with essentially all that mileage open to mountain bikers. There are a few exceptions where steep, dead-end spurs leading to overlooks or to the base of waterfalls are restricted to foot travel only and these are well worth parking your bike against a tree to go have a look-see."

I assume this includes Upper Stone Mtn., Table Rock, Joanna Mtn Trail, Issac Heath, Bridal Overlook Trail, Wintergreen Falls Trail and possibly Hilltop Loop...

Dupont is a fantastic resource, the last thing we want to do is ride closed terrain...

Thanks to Woody and all the TD & PSORBA folks that work on these trails!

Jager

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The only thing I know to go by is the signage. The lower half of Stone Mountain is open to bikes. It is only the top steeper section that is impossible to ride up anyway.

They don't have a comprehensive list of trails that are closed to mountain bikers because most all the trails are open. Follow the signs and you will be fine.

Peace

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah...seen the signs...just wondered if there might be a need for a little more info on the maps for new folks as DSF gets more and more use...

·
Philosophizer
483 Posts
Thats what I do when I find a trail I like. I plaster it all over the freakin internet. Nice work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts