Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making the climb away from the creek headed out on Cornmill Shoals trail, in about the 3rd switchback, there was a 6 inch diameter log propped perfectly hub high across the trail, with no stump or broken overheads to be found. It would have been completely blind coming around the turn downhill until it was far too late.

Wonder if the horsie owners dislike bikers that bad?

Be careful out there.

Peace.
Ben

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
Probably one of the HOH crowd. Stuff that low doesn't bother me too much anymore I see it so often. It's the limbs/trees that people place chest high across the trail that really pisses me off. :mad: :mad: :mad: SOB's that do that are purposely trying to injure bike riders when they put stuff chest high.

In this pic someone had CUT and placed a 3" sapling across the trail between the two trees at the 2nd drop. If I hadn't stopped everybody to take pictures that day DD could have been hurt. Haven't seen any rope or wire but seen plenty of limbs and trees strategically placed across the trails

There was a thread on the passion board a while back about some guy getting jail time for booby trapping trails. Hope he has fun in prison.

Were you climbing up the slick rock side or burnt mtn side when you found this surprise?

Attachments

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
hateful old hikers

Sounds like you were going up cedar rock. That's a blast to come down, especially the lower part where you leave the solid rock and get into all the rocks and roots, it's just too short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts