Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a good 5 yrs of very little riding, I found my way back!! I frequented MTBR's forums in the mid/late 90's to about 01. I always found the passion forum to be my home. I tried searching the archives to see what name I posted under but had no luck. This was back when everyone longed for a registraion system. MTBR was the first online community I participated in so it's got a special place in my heart.

Anyway, life got in the way of cycling in 01-ish and my shiny (actually brushed) litespeed HT hasn't gotten dirt under her nails in some time. Save for the occasional ride to the store or post office, it's been neglected.

Life's changed a bit since 01...but I found my way back onto that saddle and starting riding again this spring. I feel clumsy, I'm much heavier (actually bought *gasp* baggy shorts), my shoes don't fit anymore and they hurt like hell (did my friggin FEET get fat along with the rest of me?), I'm winded on climbs, my @ss hurts, blah, blah, blah...and I couldn't be happier!! Wasn't it the bike guy in the movie 'Singles' that said, "life looks better from a bike".

Look forward to reading, participating and meeting you fine folks in the future!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
welcome home

Many of us let "real life" get in the way of what is real in our hearts. I'm a returnee (twice). I hope you are having half the fun and joy I am feeling on my beloved two wheels.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
patrick_b said:
I'll tell ya, that pesky job of mine sure gets in the way of having fun...doesn't it :)
Dam, if we all knew that magic balance between work and life, it would be wonderful. It is so easy to talk about it, but putting it to practise is another thing....

Welcome back, once you get those adrenalin doses back into your MTB life, you will be here to stay again for sometime..............

Biking keeps me sain, true story, will go loop the loop without riding...................

ENJOY............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
welcome back

I just got back on the bike a few months ago also. 5 years away for me also! Going up some of the hills ain't as easy as it used to be.But it is nice to come home from a nice ride, have a bite to eat. And to be so relaxed. And to look back on the ride with a smile. Good Luck Mate. And welcome back.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fat

Patrick I am busting my bike out again and wearing my baggy shorts and new Vans, life should be about biking, great parties and fine wine except to get all these things we must work. Thanks for sharing it makes it easier that I am not the only guy starting again.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
welcome back!

i too am in the middle of a cycling slump. really hoping to get out of it soon. either way, good to hear that you can return to something, that i'm sure makes one wonder why they left.

a lot of the ol' timers have gone, have new names or are now lurkers. but still seem to come out of the woodwork occasionally.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am also trying to regain my passion. About a year ago I started building a 4x4 rock crawler and got side tracked away from biking. Currently trying to get back to riding but being out of shape and having a heatwave at the same time is not very good. It has been 103-108 here in N Texas for the last couple weeks. JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.