Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pair of used Ground Controls with the wire bead at the flea market this morning.They're dirty but the treads are in great shape,still have nubs and have no sidewall tears or dry rot.They look like they've only been ridden for a week.
And I almost bidded on a pair of blackwall Ground Controls on eBay.But for some reason,I felt I needed to visit the flea market. I found the tires hidden in a trailer when those familiar treads caught my eye right when I was about to walk away. Price was $4.00.
I've been looking for Ground Controls for years. Now I can install the tires on my Stumpjumper.

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Built4Speed said:
I found a pair of used Ground Controls with the wire bead at the flea market this morning.They're dirty but the treads are in great shape,still have nubs and have no sidewall tears or dry rot.They look like they've only been ridden for a week.
And I almost bidded on a pair of blackwall Ground Controls on eBay.But for some reason,I felt I needed to visit the flea market. I found the tires hidden in a trailer when those familiar treads caught my eye right when I was about to walk away. Price was $4.00.
I've been looking for Ground Controls for years. Now I can install the tires on my Stumpjumper.
Great score JR

De Anza swap?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capitol Flea market. I should check out De Anza. I just installed the tires and the Sella Concors seat from my old Stumpjumper Team. The old Ground Controls look so much better than the newer design Ground Controls.

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Built4Speed said:
Capitol Flea market. I should check out De Anza. I just installed the tires and the Sella Concors seat from my old Stumpjumper Team. The old Ground Controls look so much better than the newer design Ground Controls.
That might be the best bike you've got save the Frishi Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.