Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was it? In the vicinity of the old park ave. Wednesday night race course. It was giving me a major wtf. Are those ski tracks? No, those are definitely bike tracks.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Did you report it the authorities? That is private and/or state land. IMBA would frown on such activity.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you report it the authorities? That is private and/or state land. IMBA would frown on such activity.
Yeah - no. Would you have? Make sure you report people on snowmobiles/ATVs/dirtbikes as well.

I thought it was cool. I think Rochester has a few more fat bikers than Buffalo.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I could personally give 2 hoots but I do know that there are various advocacy groups that restrict riding to approved spaces. That limits us riders who access trail systems in western NY.

Fat biking has certainly gained traction around upstate NY, no pun intended.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have some ideas who it could be, but there are plenty of people with Fat Bikes in Rochester. The Royal Coach Park land (old PAB wed night course) is still multi use as far as I know. There are a lot of other Fat-Bike friendly trails closer to exit 45 as well. Some of the Victor hiking trails stuff get enough foot traffic to be biked on when the conditions are right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts