Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-Fly you fools!-
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I wanted to know your opinion on my situation...

Ok, so....I've found a brand new '06 Kona Coiler Deluxe, which I am very interested in. Now first off, do you think this is a good bike? This is my first real mountain bike, and I plan to do pretty much everything with it, AM, FR, trails(not trials), so do you think the bike is worthy of the job?

Secondly, the bike is a small(15"), and I was wondering if you think it would fit me ok...? I'm about 5'10", 175 lbs, and with about a 30-31" inseam...So do you think it will work?

Last thing I can think of for now, is what do you think is a fair price to pay for the bike? I realize it's not that far out of the '06 season, but if you guys think I should get a certain deal, let me know!

Alright, well like I said, that's all I can think of for now, if I have any more questions I'll be sure to ask...

Thanks in advanced,
Scott.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
the coiler would probably be a very good bike for the type of riding you will be doing. i would think that you would need a medium frame though and not a small. have you ridden the bike yet to see how it feels?

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
I would recommend a small for someone 5'6" or less. You definitely need to get a Medium. I'd put you on a Large before a Small. Anyway, it's a decent bike but since the size is way off, the good deal doesn't matter. You really need to get a bike that fits you.

Oh, good deals can be had anywhere and on almost any brand of bike if you take your time and do some research.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Get an Ibex

...just kidding. The bike looks like a good one, though I have no experience with it. What concerns me is the size. I think 15 is too small for you. Most of my friend's who are the same height and weight as you ride 17.5. Even though it may be a good deal I would say wait for another deal on a bike more your size.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.