Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding a crack in the screen was just about enough of a push (along with some stressful times at home) to pull the trigger on a Hero 7 Black.
I'm assuming it will be pretty close to the same as the 5 Black, but I thought I'd solicit advice on settings for taking good videos.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My suggestion is: unless you have a kind-of-new computer, avoid any modes above 1080p60. These modes use the new-ish HEVC codec, that is troubled to read on older computers. I have an i7 4th generation with 16 Gb of RAM that can do a lot, ant it struggles. On the other hand, my smartphone edits these files just fine. I guess it has to do with the processor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finding a crack in the screen was just about enough of a push (along with some stressful times at home) to pull the trigger on a Hero 7 Black.
I'm assuming it will be pretty close to the same as the 5 Black, but I thought I'd solicit advice on settings for taking good videos.
The biggest difference is the built in auto stabilization that mimics the use of a gimbal. It's actually amazing. I just picked one up a couple days ago. I took a very short series of videos to see how auto edit works as well and I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.